Sunnyledge Logo

Sunnyledge

Boutique Hotel and Tea Room


History

Built in 1886, Sunnyledge was originally the home and office of Dr. James H. McClelland, the founder of Shadyside Hospital.  Dr. McClelland’s daughters lived in the house up until the mid 1980’s, and the artwork of Rachel McClelland, the eldest daughter, is featured in our library.  

Sunnyledge is now considered one of Pittsburgh’s most famous historic landmarks.  Adorned with original oak paneling and fixtures, Sunnyledge has been renovated to provide sophisticated, five-star accommodations to discerning travelers.